Friday, May 11, 2007

Sarah Huckabee says, "Dad did very well in Debates"

My dad didn't say this in his last email to you, (because he's too modest) but he did a great job in last week's debate. Of course I'm biased so don't take my word for it, read some of the commentary from the national media:

"Mike Huckabee is really terrific. It's hard to know whether a debate watched only by a few million people can really launch someone, but I'd say halfway through that he is far and away the most likable and eloquent candidate on that stage."
-John Podhoretz, National Review

"I thought the person that helped themself the most was Mike Huckabee...Yes, but I think he came close to entering the top tier or really elevating himself. First of all, he was a good personality, a very relaxed, warm presence. Second thing, he actually branded himself. You know, you've got 10 guys up there. Distinguish yourself. And he actually distinguished himself as sort of a populist, straight-talking person from out in the country."
-David Brooks

"I thought Huckabee came across as authentic, as well as likeable. And then there was naturalness to him. He answered the questions. He didn't have talking points."
-Syndicated columnist Mark Shields

For more media reaction to the debate and to read the reactions of campaign supporters on our campaign blog please click here and here.

Since the debate my dad is working twice as hard. In fact, everyone on the campaign team is working twice as hard. It is a great feeling to witness the momentum and the excitement building. To help the campaign maintain its energy, I hope that you will match my dad's commitment right now by taking an important step, just days before the next Republican presidential debate in South Carolina.

I ask you to show your commitment to his campaign by making a contribution of $25, $50, $75, $100, $250 or even $500 to help build the campaign's momentum. To make a contribution, please click here.

A contribution today will help send an important signal that my dad's campaign is continuing to gain strength and constantly growing.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Sincerely,

Sarah Huckabee

No comments: