Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mike Huckabee Viewed as Threat by Democrats

I am traveling on business this week to Charleston, SC. What a great city and SC treasure!

Earlier this evening I met another self proclaimed "political junkie" named Mark. Mark is a young African American that works the front desk at the hotel where I am staying. I've extended my stay through Thursday. Mark mentioned the hotel was sold out this weekend but he'd put in my request. We then talked about what is going on in Charleston this weekend that would cause the hotel to sell out. Before giving it much thought, I asked if he thought it could be the debate in Myrtle Beach Thursday night. He said not likely but went on to say he should try going to the debate. That was a natural opportunity to ask about who he liked in the candidates.

But the first thing out of Mark's mouth was, "Mike Huckabee scares me." When I asked why he said, "because he's obviously a good guy and could beat the Democrat". Mark went on to say he's rooting for Barack Obama. He's not yet an activitist, only an observer.

We didn't get to talk much more... other customers were lining up for assistance.

1 comment:

fab5fam said...

I do believe that Huckabee is seen as a threat to Dems....and some in the GOP party. Or is it disbelief that someone like this could do well? This is evidenced by CNN finding the one poll that shows McCain leading in S.C. and not reporting any other polls where Huckabee is ahead (today 1/10)and reporting that he is in trouble with money (inferring that he doesn't have the cash to be a viable candidate). I also find it interesting that even on FOX Bill O'Reilly cuts off any conversation about Huckabee when Juan Williams and Dick Morris want to flesh it out about Huckabee's chances. It' very frustrating to get the shaft from both sides.